The number of women opting for breast augmentation in the US has tripled in the last 17 years. At the Talbott Plastic Surgery Center in Reno, breast augmentation is one of the most in-demand cosmetic surgeries. Many things – desires, expectations, hesitations, fears, concerns – contribute to a woman’s decision to elect this type of procedure.
Why Do Women Undergo Breast Augmentation?
Let’s take a deeper look into the common reasons women decide to undergo breast augmentation.
- Pregnancy, while bringing tremendous joy to mothers, tends to have the opposite effect on their breasts. Pregnancy and subsequent nursing can leave breasts permanently smaller, less firm and “gravitationally-challenged.”
- Women also receive breast implants during breast rebalancing procedures following breast cancer surgery. The surgical removal of one or both breasts, or mastectomy, leaves many patients yearning for the return of their pre-surgery figures.
- Weight loss can cause significant changes to the size and shape of a woman’s breasts. Implants can help restore their original, youthful appearance.
- Some women want breast augmentation because their breasts are asymmetrical or of unflattering shape. Others simply want rounder, fuller breasts.
- Lastly, not to state the obvious, but large, well-contoured breasts are highly sought after in our physically conscious society, so increasing breast size is perhaps the most common reason women choose to get breast implants.
The bottom line is, you may benefit from breast augmentation for any number of reasons, and none of them has to be justified to anyone besides the woman seeking the procedure.
The good news is that regardless of the reason, most women can undergo breast augmentation safely and with great results, provided they meet certain crucial conditions that determine they are suitable candidates for the procedure. Strong candidates for breast augmentation are women of good health, stable weight, and who are finished having and nursing children.
While it may seem like a no-brainer, women who contemplate undergoing the procedure should be aware of the fact that it will not fundamentally change them. Enhanced self-esteem and a renewed sense of sexual attraction are great benefits of the surgery, but while life with fuller and shapelier breasts has its perks, it’s still life. And if it’s a boyfriend, husband, or significant other who is urging you to undergo breast augmentation, but you’re unsure about it yourself, do not yield under any circumstance.
Find the Right Plastic Surgeon
We’ve saved the most critical aspect for last. There is possibly no factor quite as important as selecting a qualified and competent Reno plastic surgeon to perform an augmentation. Choose only a Board-certified surgeon who has years of experience, hundreds of prior procedures under her or his belt, and who includes adequate post-operative care and health checks in the process. As this is a very personal and elective procedure, finding the right plastic surgeon who takes the time to identify with your background, health factors, goals, and expectations is extremely important.
Contact Talbott Plastic Surgery Center
Are you seriously considering undergoing breast augmentation? Schedule a COMPLIMENTARY consultation with Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. LaDawn Talbott. Contact us today! If you schedule your procedure during your consultation, you get a $300 Gift Certificate to Renew MD! Read the promo mechanics.