When you hear the term Plastic Surgery, normally one thinks of a woman who has taken good care of herself, works hard to keep her age a secret, and does what it takes to keep her appearance fresh and lively and her body in great shape and form. What you may not realize when Plastic Surgery is brought up, is that men are more and more often requesting and receiving plastic surgery for the same reasons that women choose plastic surgery. “One study by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons shows that there has been a 20% increase in the number of men undergoing plastic surgery procedures, and most of those are minimally invasive surgeries like fillers or botox.”
Here at Talbott MD Plastic Surgery Reno, we’ve worked with amazing male patients to help them improve certain areas of their body where exercise didn’t work, or to assist them to reduce common signs of aging. These are the top eight trending plastic surgery and cosmetic procedures that our male patients tend to call in about and receive treatments for:
- Botox: Botox® in Reno, NV is administered by Dr. Talbott as a nonsurgical treatment that is injected specifically into the muscles between the brows. Botox works by blocking nerve-driving forces to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle movement that causes lines and wrinkles between the brows. (This treatment gets the #1 spot because it even has a nickname: “Bro Tox!”)
- Eyelid Rejuvenation: Blepharoplasty, otherwise called eyelid surgery, is a restorative surgery strategy that corrects the drooping skin hanging over the upper eyelids, as well as protruding bags that frame underneath the eye.
- Rhinoplasty: Rhinoplasty, aka Nose Job, reestablishes harmony to facial features by changing the size and shape of the nose and can at the same time alleviate nasal structural issues, including respiratory problems.
- Liposuction: This fat-reducing method is intended to remove isolated zones of fat from areas of the body that are non-responsive to a healthy eating regimen and regular exercise.
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck): The Tummy Tuck technique is truly two operations in one: (1) repairing stretched and loose abdominal muscles and (2) significant skin removal.
- Neck Lifts: This corrective surgery includes removing an overabundance of skin or fat from under the jaw and on the neck, and repositioning the rest of the tissue to deliver a firmer, more rich neck area and an all around well-defined jaw.
- Ear Pinning: Ear pinning is a decently safe and powerful strategy with a short recuperation time. During an otoplasty, Dr. Talbott makes an incision behind the ear, enabling her to crease, reshape, or expel cartilage and lay the ear closer to the head.
- Gynecomastia (Male Breast Reduction): Enlarged male breasts that don’t decrease with time or exercise can successfully be treated with gynecomastia surgery. Dr. Talbott works with each gynecomastia patient to make a customized treatment arrangement. Liposuction might be utilized if the patient’s gynecomastia is caused by an overabundance of fat, giving the pectorals a firm and formed appearance.
For our male prospective patients: we will work with you and discuss any and all of your concerns. Our male patients have enjoyed great results from Dr. Talbott, and we love working with you to help you achieve your ultimate body shape goals.
If you ever need any questions answered before you make your decision, our informed staff at Talbott MD Plastic Surgery Reno can help you and guide you through any of our cosmetic and plastic surgery procedures. Your best option is to call in and make a Consultation appointment with Dr. Talbott, so you can discuss all options for the issues you want to address. We’ll be happy to have you come in!