Heard of matcha green tea, but haven’t tried it yet? You should! In today’s hectic lifestyle, you need an energy booster, as well as a natural stress reliever. You’ll find both in the wonderful matcha green tea, something that Dr. LaDawn Talbott herself swears by.
“I love matcha powder! For me it’s better than caffeine,” says Dr. Talbott, a Board-certified Reno plastic surgeon who’s also a fitness and wellness advocate. She’s scheduled to compete at the NPC Tahoe Show on August 22. “I don’t like caffeine pre-workout, and I think matcha powder is great for pre-workout, because it doesn’t give you that instant jittery feeling you sometimes get with coffee.”
And it’s true: According to Matcha Source, matcha green tea provides a boost of energy that lasts throughout the day, but without all the jitters. One recent study even found that match improved physical endurance by 24%!
Aside from boosting one’s energy, what else can matcha green tea do?
- It helps fight cancer! Yup, you read that right – IT FIGHTS CANCER. Match green tea is rich in antioxidants called catechins, which aren’t found in other foods. One in particular, the EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) is believed to be a strong anti-carcinogen. According to a 2003 study by the University of Colorado, matcha green tea has 137 times more EGCG than a cup of traditional green tea.
- It lowers bad (LDL) cholesterol. Match green tea is able to reduce bad (LDL) cholesterol, helping prevent cardiovascular disease. In fact, a 2011 study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that green tea lowered LDL cholesterol concentrations.
- It promotes weight loss. For one thing, it’s practically calorie-free, for another – and this is important – it boosts one’s metabolism and burns calories! Another study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed that matcha green tea can increase thermogenesis, i.e. the body’s rate of burning calories.
- It helps in detoxification. Matcha green tea is rich in chlorophyll, which is said to be a great detoxifier, clearing out toxins and heavy metals from one’s body.
- It calms you down. Matcha green tea contains L-theanine, which helps reduce stress and promote relaxation.
What are you waiting for? Take the next step to a healthier you! Try matcha green tea today.